WHAT IS NON-FICTION in LOVE ODYSSEY
(The following political information is intertwined in the novel’s story)
- IRAN and Iran’s President, Rafsanjani, from 1989-1997, were involved directly with Ceausescu. This was during December 18-21,1989, the time of the Romanian
revolution and several days before Ceausescu was executed. Ceausescu went to
Tehran to give Rafsanjani all his gold for safekeeping in Rafsanjani’s private bank, the Bank of Tehran. Ceausescu did not trust the secrecy banking laws of Switzerland. In return, Rafsanjani gave Ceausescu a group of Iranian Revolutionary guards to protect him upon returning home to a smoldering revolution. The gold has never been found or claimed by the Romanian government or by anyone else.
- Wikipedia has said that Rafsanjani was the richest man in Iran. In December 1989, after Ceausescu deposited his gold in Tehran and died, Rafsanjani planned for his future. He invested large amounts of money to increase his real estate holdings of pistachio farms and expanded his industrial and technical investment portfolio. Until his death on January 6, 2017 in Tehran, he was very active in Iranian politics and extremely respected, rich and powerful.
- ARGENTINA, Iran and Rafsanjani: The New York Times (January 9, 2015; February 7, 2015; March 5, 2015; December 29, 2016) and The New Yorker (July 30, 2015; January 23, 2015; January 31, 2015; June 29, 2016) report on a cover-up in the murder of Argentine judge, Alberto Nisman, (2015) who was investigating the 1994 terrorist bombings of a Jewish community center in Buenos Aires that killed 85 people. The bombing was the worst in Argentine history and was done with the planning of Iran’s President Rafsanjani, Rouhani, the present President, and Hezbollah. Argentina’s previous Presidents, Hector and Christina Kirchner, have covered-up the homicide of the judge and have said it was suicide. As of 2017, Christina Kirchner is under investigation in Buenos Aires. Pope Francisco has signed a petition for the investigation of the death of judge Nisman. At the time of the terrorist bombing, Pope Francisco was a Jesuit Cardinal for Buenos Aires.
- FASCISM in Romania:
- 2.5 million Romanian Jews were killed during the Holocaust.
- However, the “Bucharest Jews” were saved because General Antonescu, an ally of Hitler and the military leader of Romania during the World War ll, kept them alive as he waited to sell them to the highest bidder. U.S. Secretary of Treasury, Henry Morgenthau with Sulzberger of The New York Times, tried to raise money to buy the Jews, but President F.D.R. kept stalling and did not allow the refugees to enter the U.S. during the war.
- After World War ll, Romanian Jewish survivors were “sold” to leave Romania and immigrate to Israel, Canada and the U.S. Ceausescu received cash for each person from the Israeli Mossad, as well as their real estate holdings, art, treasures, and jobs.
- There is an official report made by President, Basescu and Elie Wiesel (2010) about Fascism in Romania, with the Romanian government’s confirmation of their guilt and war crimes. This report was one of the requirements for Romania’s entry into the European Union.
- COMMUNISM in Romania:
- more than 2 million Romanians were killed during the period, 1948-1989. (The New York Times, September 30, 2013).
- The end of Communism in Romania was achieved by the only “bloody revolution” of the Eastern European countries in 1989.
- Romania’s secret police, Securitate, was as lethal as East Germany’s, Stasi.
- TERRORISM in Romania:
- Arafat, Gaddafi and Ceausescu established terrorist and nuclear programs together. Gaddafi was the banker.
- Ceausescu trained Arafat’s PLO’s in Romania.
- Ceausescu established atomic energy facilities and nuclear research centers in Magurlele and Cernavoda, Romania.
- Ceausescu served as intermediary for Norway to sell heavy water to India for India’s centrifuges (used as a coolant) and nuclear development program, which would have been for Norway a breach of international law and IAEA rulings.
- Gaddafi information taken from Wikileaks Information: Gaddafi and Ceausescu meet in Tripoli and do business together at the time there is bombing in Paris and the bombing of Radio Free Europe in Munich. Gaddafi is blamed.
- Ion Iliescu, former President of Romania after Ceausescu (1989-1996; 2000- 2004), was a student-friend of Gorbachev in Moscow. He worked behind the scene with Gorbachev and President Regan, P.M. Thatcher, and Pope John Paul to overthrow Ceausescu. He was rewarded by becoming Romania’s president after the execution of Ceausescu.
- Pakistan’s former President, Ali Bhutto, arranged for Dr. Khan to go to Holland to work for URENCO, (manufacturer of enriched uranium for nuclear power utilities worldwide) where Dr. Khan stole secret blueprints for high-speed nuclear centrifuges and then returned with his Dutch wife to Islamabad to establish an atomic center. He became Pakistan’s Father of nuclear warfare.
- Ceausescu did the same thing at the same time and sent one of his spies to URENCO in Germany to steal blueprints and set up an atomic center with centrifuges in Cernavoda, Romania. His engineer son became director of the nuclear facility.
- The Romanian Revolution is re-enacted in the novel as it happened in Timisoara and Bucharest. The dates and sequence of events are accurate.
- I plan to include notes at the end of the novel with factual information and photos.
- WHAT IS FICTION in LOVE ODYSSEY?
- There was no doctor who worked within Ceausescu’s government to begin the revolution or overthrow the dictator.
- I say that Ceausescu went to Tehran to give Rafsanjani his gold two times: December 3 and December 20, 1989. In reality it was only one time, Dec. 20-22, 1989, several days before Ceausescu was executed.
- Love story and characters.
- REAPPEARANCE OF CHARACTERS FROM THE GIFT OF DIAMONDS:
- Mica: Twenty-four years have passed. She is married to André, a cardiologist at New York Hospital and they have twin sons. Mica is a choreographer for the Martha Graham student troupe and is also helping Romanian orphans as a Goodwill Ambassador with UNICEF. Her U.N. contacts help her and her friends, the Four Musketeers, support the Romanian revolution of 1989.
- Anca: The main female protagonist of Love Odyssey, is Mica’s childhood friend. A pediatrician at New York Hospital, she returns to Romania to save her ex-husband from post-revolutionary rebels. She is helped by her Gypsy friend in Transylvania who unknown to Anca, works secretly with the C.I.A.
- Marina: is another childhood friend of Mica’s. She emigrated from Romania to New York City with Mica’s help. Marina is a botanist-chemist and came to America to become an entrepreneur in Cosmetics. She brought with her from Transylvania secret creams used by Gypsies and magic elixirs to stay young and beautiful. Her fortune helps finance the Romanian revolution.
- Christina: another childhood friend of Mica’s, emigrated from Romania to Paris with Mica’s help and remained in Paris to become a well-known fashion designer. The novel ends in Paris when all the characters reunite to attend Christina’s wedding. The four friends celebrate the end of communism that they helped bring down and dance to their song, We are the Poets of Our Lives.